BIS, Bureau of Indian Standards, released the recruitment notification on 30 December 2023 on the portal, https://www.bis.gov.in/. They start the applications for candidates to recruit the skilled ones for the 107 vacant posts. The vacancies under this recruitment are out for posts of chemical engineering, civil engineering, electronics and information technology, agricultural and food, electrotechnical, medical equipment and hospital planning, coal and related products, mechanical engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Production and General Engineering, Petroleum, Textiles, Transport Engineering, etc.
The recruitment vacancies are on a contractual basis given to candidates, as per notification. If you also want to apply for the BIS recruitment 2024, then you must look at eligibility standards and then complete the application process properly. Here is a post for you that tells you about BIS recruitment 2024, vacancies, age limit, educational qualifications, how to apply, and many more
BIS recruitment 2024
BIS (Bureau of Indian standards) opens the application window for candidates under BIS recruitment 2024. The applications starts from 30 December 2023 and runs till 19 january 2024. It mean you have time till 19 January 2024 to fill applications of this recruitment. The candidates who recruit at the BIS posts are on basis of contract. After terms end, they are terminate from the post. The candidate age should not be more than 65 years old to apply for BIS recruitment 2024.
It is important for applicants to qualified through the eligibility criteria and standards set by officials. If you also want to take part in recruitment drive to recruit on contractual basis, then you must adhere to guidelines and submit your applications before it close.
|Online application starts
|30 December 2023
|Last date of application
|19 January 2024
BIS Recruitment 2024 Vacancy Details
|Name of the Posts
|Electronics and Information Technology
|Food and Agriculture
|Medical Equipment and Hospital Planning
|Petroleum, Coal and Related Products
|Production and General Engineering
|Management and Systems
Age Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to apply for the posts need to meet the age criteria. The candidate’s age must be not above 65 years.
- Civil Engineering- The candidate must have a bachelor’s diploma in timber science and technology/forestry/civil engineering./ Mech Engg./ Architecture/ Chemical Engg./ Geology
- Chemical- The candidate should have a high bachelor’s diploma in timber science and technology/forestry/civil engineering./ Mech Engg./ Architecture/ Chemical Engg./ Geology
- Electronics and Information Technology- Candidate should have Passed a Bachelors degree in Bachelors diploma in Electronics
- Electrotechnical- The candidate should have Passed a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Food and Agriculture- The candidate needs to have Passed a bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering subject, inclusive of Dairy Technology/ Dairy Engineering/ Food process engineering/technology, etc.
- Mechanical Engineering- Candidate must be Passed through the Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Equipment and Hospital Planning- The Candidate should have Passed a bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field along with Dairy Technology/ Dairy Engineering/ Food technique engineering/technology, and many others.
- Metallurgical Engineering- The Candidate should have Passed a bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical Engineering or Material Science.
- Petroleum, Coal and Related Products- Candidate should have Passed a Post Graduate in Organic Chemistry
- Production and General Engineering- Candidate must have Passed a bachelor’s diploma in Petroleum Technology and/or a Master’s diploma in Organic Chemistry
- Textiles- Candidate needs to have Passed a bachelor’s degree in Textile Engineering/ Technology
- Transport Engineering- Candidate must have Passed a bachelor’s degree in Marine Engineering/ Naval Architecture and Shipbuilding/ Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering/ Shipbuilding and Repair.
- Water Resources- Candidate need to have Passed a Bachelors diploma in Civil Engineering
- Service Sector- Candidate need to have Passed a PG Diploma in Management / MBA / Post Graduate
- Management and Systems- Candidate must have Passed a Bachelors degree/ Masters degree in Statistics/ Library Science/ Engineering/ Technology
- Ayush- Candidate should have Passed a PG Diploma in Management / MBA / Post Graduate.
There are no fees applicable to candidates who want to fill out their BIS Recruitment 2024 applications.
How do you apply for the BIS Recruitment 2024?
Follow the given steps to apply for BIS Recruitment
- Visit the official BIS site, https://www.bis.gov.in/
- Click on Apply Online
- A new web page appears in front of you that gives you an application form
- Enter all your information, including the educational information as required in the application form
- Upload your pictures, signature, and other essential documents
- Don’t forget to take the printout of the submitted application form
Selection Process In BIS Recruitment 2024
After filling out the applications, candidates need to go through the various stages of the selection process as follows as
Your journey begins by filing your online BIS recruitment application at the official website. Make sure your application details are meet the eligibility standards. You should fill in your accurate details to ensure a hassle-free application process. Any error in your application may result in disqualification of your application from recruitment, so be aware of all steps.
Shortlisting and Document verification
BIS officials carefully shortlist the eligible candidates based on the idea of programs obtained. Factors like educational qualification, applicable experience and area information play an essential role in this stage. Shortlisted candidates are then contacted for document verification, wherein they physically upload copies of their educational certificate, proof of experience and other applicable documents.
For those who clear the document verification stage, the next step is the written examination. This examination usually assesses aptitude and analytical skills in addition to your information on specific domain names associated with your chosen consulting position. Complete practice and dedicated exercise are your allies in conquering this stage.
Those who successfully pass the written examination are invited for an interview. It permits the interview panel to assess your communication abilities, domain-unique understanding and ordinary suitability for the representative function. Be organized to articulate your professional achievements, display a thorough knowledge of relevant standardization principles, and convince the panel of your potential to make a good-sized contribution to BIS.
Final Selection and Placement
After the interview, BIS evaluates the overall performance of all the candidates who reach this level. On the basis of the comprehensive evaluation of their performance during the complete recruitment way, a merit list is made. Selected applicants are then provided consultant positions, marking the end result of their recruitment journey. So, if you think that you meet the above eligibility criteria and are ready to recruit at BIS posts on a contract basis, then you must fill out your applications online before 19 January 2024