The GeM Portal is a government-created website through government through which the government gives tenders for several day-to-day needs of government organizations, ministries and public sector businesses. The main aim of the GeM site is to improve efficiency and openness in government procurement and employment. The buyer and seller are allowed to sell and buy the items by make login to GeM portal
What is the GeM portal?
Based on the guidelines of the Group of Secretaries, it was decided to use the Hon’ble Prime Minister to set up a devoted e-marketplace for the procurement of various goods and services by the Government firms/establishments/Public Undertakings. This means that DGS&D was converted into a digital e-commerce portal for getting and promoting of goods and services.
The Government e-Marketplace (GeM), built in record time, enables online procurement of commonplace-use goods and services required by means of numerous Government Departments/Organizations/PSUs.
GeM aims to provide transparency, efficiency, and pace in public procurement. It provides quality prices for money to government customers by supplying them with the means of e-bidding, reverse e-auction, and demand aggregation to facilitate them.
What are the benefits of the GeM portal?
Following are the benefits offered by the GeM Portal 2024
- Provides transparency and ease of purchasing.
- Offers a rich catalogue of merchandise for distinctive categories of products/services.
- Direct buy for quantities up to INR 25000.
- L1 Purchase amount more than INR 25000 and much less than INR 5 lakh.
- Proprietary Article Certificate Bid – Buy the precise product as per requirement.
- Price traits and price comparisons from multiple providers.
- Direct notifications to dealers.
- Integrated Payment System.
- It is an easy-to-apprehend interface to look at, evaluate, pick out, and buy.
- User-friendly dashboard to reveal materials and bills.
- Online complaint redressal mechanism for brief resolution.
- Float bid among the population of 3 lakh dealers.
- Buyers can now choose a bidding length between 10 and 21 days.
- Delivery period as much as 180 days.
- Option to provide a couple of consignee locations and portions.
- Multiple consignees can be decided on for services.
- Pin-code-based total dealer choice for direct purchase mode.
Products and services offered at GeM Portal
Here is a complete list of diverse products and services available on GeM Portal 2024
- Desktop Computers
- Laptop pocketbook
- Pc printer
- Tablet pc
- Application car
- Study room desking
- Government desk
- Revolving chair
- Movable file storage gadget
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Surgical gloves
- Disposable syringe
- Gel pen
- Maplitho paper
Electrical home equipment
- LED luminaire
- Molded Case Circuit Breaker (MCCB)
- Telecommunication cable
- Digital gadget
- Handloom Cotton Bedsheets
- Cotton towels
Pipes and Fittings
- Steel Tubes, Tubulars and Fittings
- Commercial CPVC Pipe Fittings
- GEM Portal Training Services
- Manpower Outsourcing Services – Minimum Wage
- Services for Custom Bid
- Short-Term Cab and Taxi Hiring Services
- Manpower Outsourcing Services – Fixed Remuneration
- Annual Maintenance Service – Desktop, Laptop and Peripherals
- Non-Paper Printing Services – Volume Based
- Goods Transport Service – Per Trip Based Service
- Cleaning, Sanitation and Disinfection Services – Result Based
- Bus Hiring Service – Short Term
- Paper-Based Printing Services
- Catering Service (Event-Based)
- Security Manpower Service (Version 2.0)
- Non-Paper Printing Services – Area Based
- Catering Service (Period Based)
- Annual Maintenance Service – Photocopier Machine
- Goods Transport Service – Per Km primarily based service
- Day by day Vehicle Hiring Service
- Sanitation service apartment
- Rising services
- Custom House Agent Hire – Lumpsum Based
- Drone delivery provider
- Design, installation and maintenance of ICT Lab and Smart Classroom
- Decorative Plant and Bouquet Service Hire
- Cyber Insurance Services
- Lumpsum totally operates and controls the service of electrical buses
- Yoga and Meditation Services Hire
- Lumpsum-based totally tentage provider
- Mass Production Mining Technology Services – Per Metric Ton Basis
Documents required for GeM registration
- Applicants have the PAN card to login to GeM website
- Applicant have the Udyog Adhaar, that called MSME certificate.
- GST registration certificates are likewise required to select the tax class.
- Cancelled cheque reproduction is likewise required for the financial institution details.
- The Aadhaar Card of the applicant is likewise required as identification proof of the applicant.
How to log in to GeM portal 2024
- First of all, you need to go to the GEM Portal 2024 website.
- On the homepage, you will locate the option ‘Register’, with the purpose of having alternatives for ‘Buyer Organization’ and ‘Seller/Service Provider’. You need to click on the form in which you want to register.
- After clicking, the registration form will open in front of you, which you must fill out properly.
- Finally, you need to click on the ‘Submit’ option. After this, you’ll get your registration process, which you will need to print.
Thus, you could log in online on the GeM portal 2024.