The national scholarship portal opens the scholarship for the candidates. NSP has multiple scholarships for candidates and fellowships for students in India who want to complete their education. It gives the various schemes by the central government and other government schemes. Due to this, NSP is referred to as the best portal to access all government scholarships that provide services ranging from scholarships to disbursal of scholarships. It covers the scholarships for post-matric, pre-matric, professional and technical courses, PG, UG, PhD level, etc., for ST/SC/Minorities/OBC/disabled students. The online portal manage the several services like verify the students applications, give them receipts, process the applications, and disburse the scholarships amount to beneficiaries.
What is NSP
NSP is a national scholarship portal through which you can apply for a number of scholarships online, get an online receipt, process your Application, and disburse the scholarship amount to students. This scholarship portal is taken as Mission Mode Project under NeGP ( National e-Governance Plan)
|NSP Scholarship 2023-24
|• Pre Matric Scholarships • Post Matric Scholarships • Merit Cum Means (MCM) Scholarship
|Eligible Category for NSP
|SC/ ST/ Minorities/ OBC/ EWS/ Students with Disabilities
|03 October 2023
|Registration Last Date
|05 January 2024
|NSP Portal Link
The objective of the NSP Scholarship
- Ensure well-timed disbursement of Scholarships to students
- Give common portal to apply for various schemes
- Create a transparent database of students
- Avoid duplication in processing
- Application of Direct Benefit Transfer
Benefits of NSP scholarships
- Students can find all scholarship information under one branch.
- You can follow a single integrated utility for all scholarships
- The system suggests the schemes for which a scholar is eligible.
- Duplicates may be reduced to the highest volume
- Master statistics for Institutions and courses at all India degree.
Eligibility Criteria for NSP Scholarship 2023-24
The applicant should be a citizen of India. The scholarship may be awarded to college students who have secured more than 50% marks in the previous very last examination, and their dad and mom/mother or father’s annual income from all assets need to be between Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 8 lakh Per Annum.
The scholarship could be offered for research in India in a government school from class I.
The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private better secondary faculty/university/ college. It can even offer technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of lessons XI and XII degrees inclusive of Polytechnics and other courses.
The following classes of candidates are eligible for NSP scholarship schemes provided at the NSP Portal.
- Scheduled Caste (SC)
- Scheduled Tribe (ST)
- Other Backward Class (OBC)
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS)
- Minority Communities
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD)
- Female Students
- Meritorious Students
Required Documents for the NSP Scholarship
During the scholarship online application on the NSP portal, the students are required to upload certain documents to complete the application method. However, for the scholarship amount of less than INR 50,000, the students are not required to add any record. They need to post the copy of documents of their respective faculties/universities/institute. For all other scholarships, the students must have the following documents.
- Bank Passbook
- Educational documents
- Aadhaar range
- Domicile Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Student certificates from school/institute
NSP Scholarships Distribution Rule
Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain and Zoroastrians (Parsis) had been notified as minority communities below Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992. A total of 5 (05) lakh online scholarships are targeted to be dispensed as ‘Fresh’ Scholarships, besides Renewal scholarships. The distribution of scholarships to the various States/Union Territories could be made on the premise of the population of minorities in the States/Union Territories as in keeping with Census 2001 for 2017-18 and as per the population of minorities in the States/Union Territories of Census 2011 for 2018-19 and 2019-20 (as in step with Appendices- A & B).
How to apply for the NSP Scholarship online
The method for applying for the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Scholarship involves numerous steps. NSP is an online scholarship platform that offers various scholarships to college students. Here are given steps the way to follow for NSP Scholarships.
- First, you should make your Registration at the online NSP portal, https://scholarships.gov.in/.
- Now, log in to the portal with your details, like name, phone number, email ID, etc. Ensure that you fill in the accurate information on the website.
- Select the Scholarship option, whether you want to get pre-matric, post matric or other scholarships
- Fill out the Application online on the portal by using your details
- Once you fill out your application form, you should Upload the necessary Documents
- Review and Submit the application form
- In last, take the print of your Application form for future purpose