If you are looking for the fasal bima yojana then you are at the right place in this blog post. I am going to provide full details about Fasal Bima Yojana.
As we all know the government always introduces great screams to help the farmers and Fasal Bima Yojana is one of them.
Through this Yojna government wants to help the farmers. The motive of this yojana is to help farmers and provide financial help. This scheme gives Financial support to the farmer.
if their crops are affected by natural climate change, pests or diseases, if because of these things if the crops are affected then the government will give support to the farmers.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)
The Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) scheme was launched by the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare in New Delhi starting from the Kharif 2016 season. Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana is to help farmers to get some help.
|Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
|Prime Minister Narendra Modi
|May 13, 2016
|Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
|Farmers across the country
|Compensation for crop-related losses
|Maximum Claim Amount
|Rs. 2 lakhs
In the case of crop failure due to climate change, Pests or Diseases, mainly this scheme gives financial support to farmers.
This scheme is mainly designed to provide financial support as well as insurance protection to farmers in the case of crop loss from natural disasters, pests, or diseases.
Benefit of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)
If we talk about the benefit of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana then it gives financial support to farmers in the case of crop loss, due to any reason.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana helps the farmers to get some relaxation, through this scheme the government is also giving financial support as well as insurance coverage to farmers in case of crop failure due to natural climate change, pests, or diseases.
The scheme improves the farmers’ incomes so they can continue farming. So we can produce more and more crops.
Objective of the Schemes
If I talk about the main objective of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima scheme then here are the following objectives of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima scheme.
- Providing financial support to farmers if affected by crop loss or damage due to natural events.
- It also stabilises farmers’ income to ensure they can continue farming and produce more and more crops.
- It also gives support to the farmers and the farmers get some relief even if the crop gets affected.
- Because of the scheme new farmers will also get involved in the farming sector.
- Protecting farmers from risks and promoting agricultural activities.
As I told you, the main objective of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, initiated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, is to provide financial support to farmers affected by crop losses due to natural disasters.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (Important Step)
If you are the farmer whose crops have been affected due to the natural disaster then first of all you need to follow some steps and first of all you need to inform the agricultural department about the crop loss within 72 hours and you need to write a complaint to the District Administration Agriculture Department.
after you need To write down all the details of your crop as well as your loss. When your application will be received by the District Administration Agriculture Department then they will take action then they will process to provide insurance cover to the farmer.
Total Claim amount received under PM Fasal Bima Yojana
If your crops have been affected and if you want to claim the amount which is providing by the government through PM Fasal Bima Yojana then you need to follow the above steps.
Then you will receive the amount shortly in your bank account. After a small verification as the amount varies upon the type of crop which has been affected For example, if a farmer grows cotton and suffers crop loss, they can receive up to Rs 36,282 per acre.
Similarly, for paddy crops, the maximum claim amount is Rs 37,484, while for millet, maize, and moong crops, it’s Rs 17,639, Rs 18,742, and Rs 16,497 per acre respectively.
|Maximum Claim Amount (per acre)
This claim amount is transferred to the bank account of the farmers after the crop damage is confirmed through a survey.
Which type of crops have been included in PM Fasal Bima Yojana?
|Cereals (including wheat, rice, barley), millet, paddy
|Cotton, jute, sugarcane
|Arhar (pigeon pea), gram (chickpea), peas, lentils, soybean, moong, urad, cowpea, etc.
|Sesame, mustard, castor, cottonseed, groundnut, soybean, sunflower, rapeseed, safflower, linseed, niger seeds, etc.
|Banana, grapes, potato, onion, cassava, cardamom, ginger, turmeric, apple, mango, orange, guava, litchi, papaya, pineapple, sapota, tomato, pea, cauliflower
Here is the list of the crops which are included in this scheme; these are the categories and specific crops covered under the scheme.
How to register online for the Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme?
If you want to register yourself online for the Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme then you need to follow these simple steps and by following you can easily register yourself in the scheme.
- First of all you need to Visit the official website of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana which is https://pmfby.gov.in/.
- Now In the homepage you will see the Farmer Corner section then click on it and Apply for Crop Insurance yourself.
- You’ll be directed to the Farmer Application page where you need to select the Guest Farmer option.
- Next, a registration form will open. Now you need to fill in all the required information including Farmer Details, Residential Details, Farmer ID, and Account Details.
- Don’t forget to enter the captcha code provided at the bottom of the form.
- Finally, click on the Submit option to complete the application process.
By following these steps, you can easily register online for the Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme and get its benefits.
How to know the crop insurance amount and premium in PMFBY?
If you want to know the crop insurance amount and the premium then you need to follow these steps.
To know the insurance amount and premium under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY), follow these steps:
- First of all Visit the official website of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
- Now in the homepage you will find the insurance Premium Calculator option Click on it.
- A new page will open where you need to fill specific details to calculate the premium.
- Select the crop season (Rabi/Kharif), the year, and the name of your state, and district,.
- Enter the area of your farm in hectares accurately.
- After entering all the required information, click on the Calculate option.
- You’ll receive information about your crop insurance amount and the corresponding premium.
By following these steps, you can easily ascertain the crop insurance amount and premium applicable to your crop under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
Process to apply offline for Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme
If you want to apply offline for the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) offline then you need to follow the following steps.
- First of all you need to Visit your nearest bank and request the application form for the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
- Collect the application and Fill out the application form with all the required information accurately.
- Attach the necessary documents as mentioned in the application form.
- Submit the completed application form along with the documents to the bank.
- Now when you submit then you will receive an application slip, which you should keep safe for future reference.
- Your offline application process is now complete.
By the following steps you can apply for the fasal bima yojana offline. You can also apply for crop insurance offline by visiting your nearest public service centre or insurance company.
(FAQs) About Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY):
1. What is Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)?
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) is an agricultural insurance scheme which is launched by the Government of India to provide financial support to the farmers and it gives insurance coverage to farmers in case of crop loss due to natural calamities, pests, or diseases.
2. What is the objective of PMFBY?
The main objective of PMFBY is to provide financial help to the farmers in the case of crop-related losses and to ensure continued involvement in farming.
3. How does PMFBY provide financial help to farmers?
PMFBY provides financial support to farmers if their crops are affected by natural disasters, pests, or diseases. It offers insurance coverage to the farmers for crop loss.
4. What is the maximum claim amount under PMFBY?
The maximum claim amount under PMFBY is Rs. 2 lakhs.
5. When was PMFBY launched?
The Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) was launched on May 13, 2016, to provide financial support to the farmers and to provide insurance coverage to farmers in case of crop loss due to natural calamities, pests, or diseases.